Lux Arcana Candle Co. uses all-natural soy wax, organic hemp wicks, and high quality essential oil and perfume oil blends to create our lusciously scented soy candles. They contains no dyes, phthalates, or other toxins and any coloration of your candle is an effect of the fragrance oils and wax. Lux Arcana Candle Co. scented soy candles are handcrafted in small batches at our studio in Bisbee, AZ.
To maximize the life and performance of your handmade soy candle:
- When first lighting your new soy candle, plan to let it burn for 3-4 hours, or until the melted wax pool has reached the edges of the container. This sets the memory for future burns of your candle, maximizing wax consumption, and will prevent "tunneling" which limits the life of your candle.
- Trim your candle's hemp wick to 1/4" (6mm) or less before each light. This will extend the life of your candle and will reduce sooting or smoking.
- Avoid burning your soy candle near an open window or drafts ( e.g. ceiling fans, A/C vents) to prevent uneven melting and loss of fragrance.
- Discontinue use of your candle when 1/4" (6mm) of wax remains to prevent heat damage to surfaces or the glass container.
- For safety, burn your candle on a level surface away from flammable objects, children and pets. Don't leave your candle burning unattended!